Headlines from First Thoughts

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Like new Language, Dude


I've learned a few things have changed since I was in a youth group 16 years ago. Today's students pretty much speak using two words, "Dude," and "Like." They can be used in all its many verb, noun, adjective, adverb, and prepositional forms. For instance, in the following conversation between two teenagers:

"Dude, like the potato skins, dude, taste, like tires."

"I'm like Dude, you know what, you're right, Dude, they are like that."

"So, like what are you liking from this Passport, Dude?"

"I don't like my Bible Study Dude, but he I do like Michael and Carol; they're cool Dude."

I've decided then if I need to preach a sermon that really relates to youth, all I need to do is just use "Like" and "Dude" every other word.

"So, like did you hear the one about David and like Goliath. Goliath was like a bad Dude, but little Dude David was like yea, well, you know, a Dude. So like he threw these like stones like at his head, and DUDE, Goliath was dead, Dude."

Hey Dude, they should like that, don't you think?

No comments:

Google Search

Google